Get The Look
Ice Queen: The perfect blonde hues for fall and winter
Although many stunners decide to go blonde during the summer, don’t let the changing seasons deter you from “having more fun!”
Go for a warm honey and caramel ombré that’s reminiscent of the fall leaves or go for an icy, ash hue that signals winter is coming.
When choosing your perfect hue, you must think of your undertone. Your undertone will determine how well the hair color complements your skin and what tones in the color itself will shine through the strongest.
- If you have a yellow, golden or peachy ‘look’ to your skin, then you have a warm undertone.
- If you have a pink or red ‘look’ to your skin, then you have a cool undertone.
- If you have a balance of both, then you have a neutral undertone.
Ladies with a warm undertone will look gorgeous in honey, caramel and golden blonde hues. The warmth of those shades will bring out the golden tones in your skin, making it look more radiant and glowy.
If you’re concerned about looking “too yellow,” balance out your new color with chocolate lowlights, ombré or balayage, or choose a slightly more ash-toned golden blonde hue.
Here are some colors you or your stylist can try:
- Pantone Hazelnut Blonde
- Creme of Nature in Light Golden Blonde
- Matrix Butter or Beige Blonde
- Terra Cotta Red-Brown
Stunners with a cool undertone look great in platinum and ash shades that have a silvery-gray tone. These colors are perfect for the winter and add a little sparkle to all of your holiday looks. Just make sure you keep purple shampoo on hand to keep your color from getting brassy.
Here are some shades you or your stylist can try:
- Dark and Lovely Luminous Blonde
- Pravana Chromasilk in 9.11 Very Light Ash Blonde
- Manic Panic Virgin Snow Toner
- Garnier USA Lightest Platinum
What hue will you put on your ‘do?! Let us know in the comments below!