10 things every girl needs in her on-the-go beauty bag
Sometimes us ladies feel like we have to choose between looking good and saving time, especially during the work week when we’re on full #girlboss mode.
But, no worries, here are 10 items you should always carry with you for the perfect on-the-go beauty routine.
- Skip carrying an eyeshadow, lip balm, and blush, and opt for an all-in-one multi-tasking stick. Multitasking sticks can be used as eyeshadow, blush, lipstick and as a subtle highlighter. Choose a shade that gives you a nice flush for a wide awake look.
- Carry a travel sized version of a facial refreshing spray like the one by Mario Badescu or First Aid Beauty. This will banish redness, get rid of dry patches and give you an overall, effortless glow.
- Need to do a quick winged liner? Carry a small roll of scotch tape with you! Tear off a 1/2 inch piece and line it up diagonally with the outer corner of your eye. From there, create a straight line across the eye and fill in any blank spots. Gently pull it away, and bam, you have the purrfect cat eye.
- Carry a waterproof, defining mascara for naturally lifted and fluttery lashes. Maybelline’s Push-Up Drama is my favorite drugstore on-the-go option. Want to splurge a little? Pick up Chanel’s Le Volume mascara in navy blue that makes your eyes look brighter.
- Always have a small pack of q-tips handy for correcting makeup blunders and as applicators for lipstick, eyeshadow, and highlight on small areas of the face such as the inner corner of the eye and on the Cupid’s bow.
- Some days our hair just doesn’t cooperate and we don’t have time to really work with it in the mirror. On these days, keep a set of bobby pins, a toothbrush, a mini edge control or pomade and headband at your desk or in your car. These items allow you to create a cute, simple look in a cinch.
- Always keep some safety pins in your purse! You never know when a necklace or bracelet will break or when your favorite blouse, pants or dress will lose a button or get ripped. Use a small safety pin to reconnect a broken necklace and use a larger one to close clothing tears.
- We have to keep our fingers and toes on point, so keep a clear or sheer shade of nail polish with you at all times for a quick sprucing up. Plus, nail polish can be used to fix a run in your leggings or panty hose.
- Here’s one more thing you should always have on hand, especially if you wear acrylic nails — nail glue! If you’re prone to breaking your nails, then a bottle of nail glue will provide a quick fix until you can reach your nail tech. It can also be used to quickly fix broken earrings, bracelets, necklaces and heels.
- Lastly, have a pair of foldable flats for when a heel breaks or when your feet just get tired. You can find them just about anywhere, and they won’t take up a lot of room in your purse!
So, what are your must have items for an on-the-go look? Let me know in the comments!