#WCE: 10 Michelle Obama quotes to live by
Last week, Melania Trump was busted for plagiarizing Michelle Obama’s 2008 Democratic National Convention speech. I, as most people, don’t agree with plagiarism. But I don’t blame Melania for copying Michelle — she’s charismatic, intelligent, and the absolute epitome of what a First Lady should be.
Plus, she BROUGHT DOWN THE HO– — USE again last night with her newest DNC speech and gave us another iconic quote: “Our motto is: When they go low, we go high.”
Last night was only one of the many pearls of wisdom the FLOTUS has shared over the years.
Here are 10 more Michelle Obama quotes to motivate you:
- “You may not always have a comfortable life and you will not always be able to solve all of the world’s problems at once but don’t ever underestimate the importance you can have because history has shown us that courage can be contagious and hope can take on a life of its own.”
- “Choose people who lift you up.”
- “One of the lessons that I grew up with was to always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody else says distract you from your goals. And so when I hear about negative and false attacks, I really don’t invest any energy in them, because I know who I am.”
- “We need to do a better job of putting ourselves higher on our own ‘to do’ list.”
- “You don’t want to be with a boy who’s too stupid to appreciate a smart young woman.”
- “When you’ve worked hard, and done well, and walked through that doorway of opportunity, you do not slam it shut behind you. You reach back.”
- “I want you to understand that every scar that you have is a reminder not just that you got hurt, but that you survived.”
- “I learned to turn stumbles and missteps into sources of motivation. A week with three tests and two papers wasn’t a reason to stress out, but a reason to plan. A negative comment from a professor in class wasn’t a reason to shut down, but a reason to ask even more questions.”
- “We should always have three friends in our lives — one who walks ahead who we look up to and follow; one who walks beside us, who is with us every step of our journey; and then, one who we reach back for and bring along after we’ve cleared the way.”
- “Instead of letting your hardships and failures discourage or exhaust you, let them inspire you. Let them make you even hungrier to succeed.”
What’s your favorite Michelle Obama quote? Share them with me in the comments below!