Hair Envy: @kekecameron
Full Name: Keke Cameron
Residence: Seattle, WA
1. How long have you been living The Cut Life? Well, the first time I cut my hair was when I was 15 years old. Yep, thats right I did it myself. Let me just say my father was not happy with me! He was pissed! But thank God he got over it. And now, he loves the short hair on me. Anyone who knows me knows I love, love, love short hair.There just something about a woman with short hair is so dope. Rocking my short hair again, I feel so strong and classy but yet with so much edge. So just recently I just cut my hair short again after growing it out for 3 years, while I was pregnant my fourth [child]. Before I cut it, it was a long bob. It was so much work for me and up keep. I had to get back to what I am comfortable in. I’m happy to be rocking my short pixie cut again! #shorthairdontcare
2. What are your go-to hair essentials for maintaining your cut & style? My all time go-to essentials is the whole entire line for Soft n’ Sheen Optimun at the moment. My hair absolutely loves it. I also like to use African Shea Butter and organic Grapeseed oil to keep my hair feeling soft and shiny. I like to trim/cut my hair as needed. Which is usually every 2 1/2 weeks for upkeep.
3. What are your beauty and makeup must have products? I am pretty simple when it comes to my make up and skincare. Especially skin care. The more simple it is, the better my skin likes it. And as we know what makes our makeup look at its best is taking care of your skin. And with that being said the top 3 products I use to keep my skin in check is using my Clarisonic face brush that I use twice a day. Also SPF for a day cream and a night cream. Ok lets talk about brows! Brows are major key. I love to use the Milani brown gel to keep my brows on point. Eye liner, God knows I love my eye liner, especially a winged liner. I love to use L’oreal art brush to give me that perfect flick. For my last must haves that I can not live without is a matte lip. My go to brands like to use are MAC and Colour Pop.
4. What is your current occupation and what are your career goals and aspirations? I am a Homemaker. I’m a stay at home mama to four beautiful children and married to the most amazing man that I call my best friend. I believe my ultimate goal in life is to be the best mama I can be to my kids. I learned over the years to be present in every moment with them, because kids now a days need that more than anything. Quality time is major key. Sometimes I feel as though its important to give time to them individually because each of my kids needs different things from me as a mother. It’s important to do so to keep a special bond. I’m sure as you can tell I take being a mama very seriously. I am thankful to be able to stay at home and be there for them full time.
5. What is a hobby or interest that people would be surprised to know you have? Well everyone knows I love fashion. I embrace it. I love to read about it and definitely am inspired by it. My hidden hobby and love is interior design. Home decor gives me life. I love to change and rearrange the house often. Changing it up is good.
6. What quote or piece of advice do you live by? My all time quote that I try to live by and teach my kids, The importance of self love and worth. “Make sure you don’t start seeing yourself through the eyes of those who don’t value you. Know your worth even if they don’t!”
7. What would you say to a woman who is thinking about cutting her hair for the first time?First off, Yes. Absolutely do it. Change is good! But make sure you have different options to bring to your stylist. You want to make sure you get the right cut for your face, style and lifestyle. Once you have that
cut you have been wanting, Embrace it and rock that shit!