Hair Envy: @_GorgeousAsh
Name: Ashley Nicole
IG Handle: @_GorgeousAsh
Hometown: Atlanta, Ga
Current Residence: Atlanta
1. How long have you been living The Cut Life? I’ve been living the “cut life” for about 6 1/2 months. I cut my hair back in 2012-13 but grew it out. Last September, I cut it shorter and decided to keep it this way for a bit.
2. What are your go-to hair essentials for maintaining your cut & style? I love Loreal’s Thickening Sulfate Free shampoo and conditioner, and LottaBody to help straighten and style my hair because I’m naturally curly so it helps a ton!
3. What are your beauty and makeup must have products? My favorite must have products are any color lipstick by Maybelline. They have the best matte lipsticks in my opinion. I love lashes by Ardell and my last fav beauty product would be Neutrogena’s deep facial cleanser. It keeps my skin healthy along with drinking lots of water.
4. What is your current occupation and what are your career goals and aspirations? I am a human resources administrative assistant and a part-time artist. I would really love to become a fashion designer, children’s book author or work for a major magazine or even better, have my own magazine.
5. What is a hobby or interest that people would be surprised to know you have? Camping is a hobby of mine no one would ever think of. I love the outdoors.
6. What quote or piece of advice do you live by? My favorite quote is “Progress is impossible without change.” Why? We spend so much time in our comfort zones that we can’t grow or expand. Sometimes you have to change your ways, your routines to get further and get good results. Get out your comfort zone!
7. What would you say to a woman who is thinking about cutting her hair for the first time? For any woman wanting to cut your hair, please do your research! It’s fun when you see all the cute cuts on other people, but just because our hair is short doesn’t mean we don’t have bad hair days. Find a cut that is flexible and you can do different things with.
Also, learn how to do your hair yourself so you don’t spend so much money running to the hair salon so you don’t have to do your hair. Short hair is a commitment. Once it’s cut, it’s cut! One of the pros is not having to spend so much time in your hair as you would with long hair. But whatever cut you go for, be bold and work it! I love my short cut.