Hair Envy: @Mickeygonzalez_
Full Name: Michelle Gonzalez
Instagram Handle: @Mickeygonzalez_
Hometown: Paramount, California.
Current City/State or Country of Residence: Kansas City, KS
1. How long have you been living The Cut Life? — I’ve been living The Cut Life for about 5 months now. I said I would never cut my hair but at the time I felt like I had so much baggage. I had just got out of a bad relationship and the main thing he loved was my long hair. Being the rebel I am I decided to chop it ALL OFF. I loved it so much! I felt liberated like all the damage was gone.
2. What are your go-to hair essentials for maintaining your cut & style? — My go to hair essentials are definitely my straightener and my deep conditioner. Since my hair is short I have to straighten my hair a lot. I trim my hair every couple of months. Very minimum upkeep.
3. What are your beauty and makeup must have products? — At the moment I’m obsessed with coconut oil that’s my sacred beauty product. I put it on my lashes, eyebrows, and skin. I also use it on my hair to keep it conditioned and healthy. My must have makeup products would have to be Anastasia Beverly Hills dip brow, Laura Mercier translucent powder, Urban Decay NAKED skin concealer, Maybelline the falsies push up drama mascara (must have) and Becca opal highlight (holy grail).
4. What is your current occupation and what are your career goals and aspirations? — I currently work as a waitress/bartender at hooters. I also do promotion in my city. My goal is to finish school and get my business degree. I want to open up my own business and of course it will have something to do with beauty. I want to be my own boss. I want to be successful and make sure my mom never has to work ever again!
5. What is a hobby or interest that people would be surprised to know you have? — I love poetry. I often read poetry books. My favorite at the moment is Black Butterfly by Robert M. Drake. Another interest is music. Music is my everything. I listen to music all day long.
6. What quote or piece of advice do you live by? — “The only person that controls your happiness is yourself”
7. What would you say to a woman who is thinking about cutting her hair for the first time? — I would say GO FOR IT! If it’s something you want to do and will make YOU happy then do it! Don’t worry about what others may think or their opinions. They will love you with short, long or whatever length of hair. You will love living The Cut Life ♥️