Hair Envy: @actually_ashly
Full Name: Ashly Rodriguez
Instagram Handle: @actually_ashly
Hometown: Manchester, New Hampshire
Current City/State or Country of Residence: Boston, Ma
- How long have you been living The Cut Life? — I’ve been about the cut life since 2008. I was looking for a new look my senior year of high school and I was obsessed with Rihanna’s bob cut she had back then. I was super shy growing up and I just wanted to finally do something for me. I printed out a picture and gave it to my hair stylist. At the time, I had hair down my back and I always had long hair so I wanted to try short. So I went for it. Best decision.
- What are your go-to hair essentials for maintaining your cut & style? — I love me a good deep conditioner, leave in conditioner, and cream based styling product for my hair. Those things always have my curls and cut popping. I trim my hair about every 4 months. I actually had my hair cut while straight into a long bob. I love how the style looks in its natural state. The cut gave my hair so much life. I love the shape to it.
- What are your beauty and makeup must have products? — Tough one but some must have products: Hair- Aussie Deep Conditioner, Cantu Curl Activator, Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie and a Silk Hair Scarf when I catch some Z’s. Face- Moisturizer, Stila All Day Liquid Liner and Anastasia Dipbrow. As long as my skin feels good and my eyeliner and brows are done, I’m good!
- What is your current occupation and what are your career goals and aspirations? I currently work as a Behavior Therapist. I absolutely love working with children and teens. My goal is to be able to inspire those around me through what I do either with my hair or the conversations we have. Especially teen girls. I feel like teens are kinda left out and I want to be able to let them know that it’s ok to embrace and love yourself, you don’t need to fit in and do what everyone else is doing; be you, be bold, and be brave. I just want to be able to give back, help, and lift up those around me.
- What is a hobby or interest that people would be surprised to know you have? — I have two. One that many people don’t know about me is that I really enjoy bowling and I’m a very good bowler too. Still working on a perfect score but pretty close to it! Also I’m a big sports fan.Played football and basketball on the daily growing up. If you challenge me to football game, I’ll throw on my game face and be ready to go!
- What quote or piece of advice do you live by? — “Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.”
- What would you say to a woman who is thinking about cutting her hair for the first time? — Do it! Stop living through those pictures saved in your phone of that cut you’ve always wanted and go for it. Stop thinking of what others may think and live your life for YOU!