2016 Academy Awards Red Carpet Recap
In the words of Robin Roberts, it’s the Hollywood Super Bowl and it was game time for the woman of the night as they walked down the longest and most watched red carpet of the year. There were countless rumors on what everybody would wear with designers from Dior to Calvin Klein expected to be represented but on last night’s 88th Academy Award show, the highly anticipated looks were finally revealed.
As you all might have guessed, I want to focus on the most popular and well put together trends of the night. There were plenty of slits, trains, and plunging necklines. White definitely took over the night on the Oscar’s red carpet – no pun intended to the #OscarsSoWhite controversy. Below are my awards for Best Lady in White with corresponding designer details
- Priyanka Chopra in a detailed white Zuhair Murad strapless gown with a beautiful train
- Olivia Wilde in a white Valentino pleated gown with plunging neckline
- Lady Gaga in a fabulous white Brandon Maxwell jumpsuit
- Rooney Mara in a custom peek-a-boo detailed Givenchy dress
- Serena Williams looked amazing at the Vanity Fair after party in a Galia Lahav dress
Who were some of your faves from the night?