5 Pros of Having Short Hair
As a Cut Life stunner, you already know the absolute awesomeness of having short hair. But for those who need a little convincing to come over to the cut life, here’s five pros of having short hair:
- You can truly say “I woke up like this.” Although we all love Beyonce, and agree that she is absolutely flawless (I’m a bit of a stan… lol), I highly doubt that she wakes up with long perfectly coiffed hair. But, for women with short hair, you can wake up every morning with a style that looks fabulous with little to no effort.
- Versatility! Back when I had long hair, I would read articles on how to fake bobs, lobs, pixies and a host of other short hair styles. Let’s just say my hair never fooled anyone, and I walked around looking pretty ridiculous with a fake bob. But with short hair, you have the option of rocking a twa one day and then have a cascade of curls falling down your back the next.
- Your features can take center stage. Sometimes long hair can overtake your facial features because people are looking at your hair rather than you. When I cut my hair, I started to get more compliments on my eyes, and I’ve learned how to play them up with colorful eyeshadow, fierce liner and fluttery lashes.
- It’s a confidence booster. When you first cut your hair, it can momentarily make you feel self-conscious because of all the attention and opinions that come your way. If you look back at our “Things Women With Short Hair Hate Being Asked,” video, you can see that we hear “Why don’t you grow your hair back?!” a lot. But, each time you ignore the comments and keep wearing your hair the way you want to, it becomes an empowering confidence booster.
- You get to become a part of The Cut Life. Okay, this is a bit of a shameless plug, but it’s a beautiful thing to have a space where you can connect with women who you can draw inspiration from on all levels.
What do you like about having short hair? Share it with me in the comments section below, stunners!